Compliments & Complaints
Acuity Foundation Ireland (hereinafter called The Foundation) is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with our members, the general public, our supporters and all who engage with us are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views so that we can continue to improve. The Foundation welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- it is as easy as possible to make a comment/complaint or pass through a compliment, where the need arises;
- we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- we treat every complaint seriously, whether made by telephone, letter, email or in person;
- we deal with any complaint quickly and politely;
- we respond accordingly for example, with an explanation or an apology where we have got things wrong, and with information on any action taken, etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at Board level.
What to do if you have a Comment/Compliment/Complaint?
If you have a comment/compliment/complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact the CEO in writing or by telephone.
In the first instance, your comment/compliment/complaint will be dealt with by our CEO (or other named office holder with sufficient seniority to address the complaint). Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
Please let us know how you would like us to respond, with relevant contact details.
CEO, Acuity Foundation Ireland, 44 Adelaide Road, Dublin 2, D02 PC99, Ireland
Our office is open 5 days a week from 9.00am to 5.30pm
What Happens Next?
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and give a new deadline.
All complaints will be logged in our complaints register and tracked until they are resolved. The complaints register is reviewed by the board of directors annually.
What happens if the complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to the Foundation’s Chief Executive Officer. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you are invited to contact the Chairperson of the Board who will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level. S/he will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.
Acting on Results
We will do everything we can to put things right and will review our procedures where necessary to stop problems happening again.
We hope you agree that most of the time we do provide a good quality service. We value all feedback from those who engage with us and would also like to hear from you about what you think we do well.
The Acuity Foundation Complaints Register will record:
- Complainant’s name and Organisation
- Contact No. / Email / Address
- Nature/ Details of complaint
- Comments and follow-up action (include name of employee responsible for follow-up)
- Feedback from complainant
- Status / Date finalised